We, the international initiative group of Youth Time International Movement, coming from different countries of the world, gathered in Prague on 11th December 2010, declare the following:
The young generation is the proactive part of the global society. We, the young people, are interested in planning and shaping our own future as well as the future of next generations.
Solidarity of young generations should offer alternatives to the global negative tendency of selfishness and consumerism, which leads to atomization of societies.
Being part of our societies, we support the following values:
- civic participation;
- community involvement;
- respect for family;
- traditions and heritage of the past;
- active approach for the future;
- intercultural and intergenerational dialogue;
- leading by example.
Therefore, we define our priorities as follows:
- to create a platform for promotion of the “Youth Time” movement, its values and principles as stated above
- to promote awareness among the youth concerning global challenges
- to encourage active, open and equal dialogue among youth worldwide
- to facilitate the process of sharing knowledge, experience and values between generations
- to preserve national and cultural identity while valuing unity and diversity
- to engage the representatives of the youth actively involved in the private, public and civil society sectors to promote the values and principles of the “Youth Time” movement
- to invite representatives of the private and public sectors to support the “Youth Time” movement
- to establish and develop communication and cooperation between the “Youth Time” movement and fellow organizations
Hereby, the initiative group declares the foundation of the Youth Time International Movement with its organizational structure to be registered in Czech Republic.
Prague, 11th December 2010