Youth Time Administrator
From July 15th – 20th, Youth Time International Movement in collaboration with the China Soong Ching Ling Foundation hosted its eighth Youth International Summer School. This was to be the third event of its kind held in China. While the previous two had taken place in the capital, Beijing, the destination of choice this time around was one of the world’s most populated city and technologically advanced hub of Shanghai. As has become customary at Youth Time events, participants and experts from different countries, cultures and backgrounds travelled from all over the world to attend. A rich variety of keynotes, masterclasses, case studies and workshops took place, all centered on the event theme, “The Smart Revolution: the Interconnection between City and Society.”
What does IT offer today’s urban citizens? A group of experts from around the world discussed this simple and at the same time very broadly focused question on Day Three of the Youth International Summer School, which is being held from the 15th to the 20th of July in the city of Shanghai. Read on to find out how Smart Technology is being implemented in modern urban areas and learn about the innovations that we can expect in the near future.
Could governments be replaced by governance the same way that currency could be replaced by crypto? Are we already on the way from insitutions to technology? How might those changes benefit business, and what should be considered as a potential threat? These are the questions that were discussed on Day Two of the Youth International Summer School that is being held from the 15th to the 20th of July in the city of Shanghai. Read on to find out how Smart Technology integrates with business today.
The concept of Smart cities is relatively well developed. It involves the capture of big data to make urban systems more efficient. But could the capturing of data optimise the performance and wellbeing of society as a whole? This was the main topic during Day One of the Youth International Summer School that is being held from 15th to 20th of July in the city of Shanghai.
For handling the service warranty of the International Youth Movement Youth Time.
General provisions and definitions
The Complaint Procedure governs the terms of the service warranty for services provided by the International Youth Movement Youth Time. The Complaint Procedure determines the procedure for processing a claim from the initial claim, through its evaluation and informing the Customer, to resolving the claim and removing the claimed malpractice.
Complaint rules in this form apply to all business cases unless other warranty terms are agreed upon. Then the terms of the agreement are superior to the Complaint Procedure.
The rights and obligations of both parties not included in the Complaint Rules or not agreed in signs are handled according to applicable laws of the Czech Republic, in particular the Commercial Code, the Civil Code and the Consumer Protection Act, as amended.
We are responsible for following malpractice of the services we provide.
As a service provider, we are responsible for ensuring that the service is free of malpractice and that it is provided in accordance with the contract. The provided service is not defective and is provided in accordance with the contract when:
- corresponds to the description we have sent to you before the contract is concluded;
- is provided on an agreed date and lasts for the specified period;
- is provided with appropriate expertise and care;
- complies with legal requirements.
What is the service warranty period?
Provided services can be claimed in the course of their provision. Hidden defects are to be reported without undue delay after you have learned about them. Service malpractice can be claimed within six months from the date of service latest.
What rights from faulty performance you have.
In case a defective service was provided to you, you are in particular entitled to:
(a) Get a redress free of charge (in particular, in form of additional provision of the service or the provision
of a substitute service);
(b) A reasonable reduction of the price;
(c) Withdrawal from the contract (only if the defective service is a substantive breach to the contract).
Any other rights resulting from applicable law are not affected by this provision.
When the rights to claim malpractice cannot be applied.
You are not entitled to claim malpractice if:
- You knew about the defect before the service had been provided;
- You have caused the defect yourself; in particular by providing incorrect or incomplete information.
- cannot be applied to inaccuracies in the order of mm, other shades, etc., if it is manual work, not
mechanical. Manual work is always less accurate than machine work. This fact must be taken into
How to proceed with complaints.
Apply your claim without undue delay from the discovery of the defect.
Claims can be made by e-mail or in writing. When making a complaint, we recommend that you accurately describe what defect you see. This will speed up the complaint process.
The moment of claim is the moment when the occurrence of the defect has been notified to us and the right of responsibility for defects of the provided service has been applied.
We will process the received complaints without undue delay, but no later than 30 days from the date of the claim, unless otherwise agreed. We will issue a written confirmation of your claim and settlement. In case of a dispute, we decide whether we accept it within three working days from the date of the claim.
In accordance with the Civil Code, you have the right for a reimbursement of the expense incurred when applying for a service claim. Please note that you have to claim the right for reimbursement within one month after the expiry of the time limit for defect claim.
Delivery and payment conditions
- Payment by bank transfer
After you send your order, you will receive an email with a link to the webpage where you will find payment instructions.
- Online payment by credit card
if you decide to pay your voucher by your card, please indicate the type of the card. You will then be redirected to the system of Rapid Payment Gateway prompting you to enter card details: credit card number, card expiration date, and CVV2 / CVC2 - the last three digits preprinted on your credit card signature strip.
If your bank does not confirm your payment with your card, it may be due to the following:
- credit/debit card details were not entered correctly
- * There are not enough funds on your account or you have already exhausted the limit for internet transactions.
- Your card is not enabled for internet transactions. In this case you have to contact your bank.
Delivery of confirmation of payment
Confirmation will be sent to you within one business day after receiving the payment.
This Complaint Procedure and Delivery Terms are valid and effective from 4th June 2018.
Updated: March 27, 2018
What information we collect
- Personal information that you directly provide to us, which includes information you supply when you register an account with us and save items to your profile.
- Non-personal information that's automatically gathered as you use youth-time.org, which includes tracking information for our site.
- Cookies, to help us understand what areas of the site are most useful and interesting to our audience.
How we use this information
- We use your information for limited purposes and do not sell it to any third parties. Specific uses are defined below.
- Providing requested services
- We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for services and information. For example, using your contact information to respond to your customer service requests, or to enable registration for one of our conferences.
We also use the information we collect to send email newsletters, or information about conferences and events (if you have opted in for this information). We may also use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as information about your account or changes to the site.
YouthTime connects Google Analytics client id data with YouthTime user ID data so that we can create a more personalized experience for users, even when not logged in.
- When permitted
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your
Steps we take to protect your privacy
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative
controls to protect your information. Our control methods are continuously checked and improved, if needed or possible.
- Please note that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, with sending your personal info you take all risks.
- Remember, when visiting a third-party site from youth-time.com, we do not control the privacy policies of other parties, so please check before browsing on those sites to ensure you agree with their terms.
- All the time you are entitled to revoke consent with personal data collecting and processing you gave. Consequences will be dependent on importance of collected / processed personal data with respect to your position within conference / event.
- Children under the age of 15
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 15 without verifiable
parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 15, please contact us.
- Respect the culture and tradition of the hosting nation and organization. Avoid insulting people by bringing up sensitive topics and refrain from making political statements.
- This event offers a platform for communication, interaction, discussion and collaboration.
- It is forbidden to show discord and cause disorder based on religious, sexual or national identity.
- Participation in all activities organized during the event is mandatory. The program is designed in such a way that you will have free time for relaxing, shopping, sightseeing etc. We’re kindly asking you to maintain a working frame of mind.
- A proactive attitude as well as punctuality are required during the event.
- The participants will be accommodated in twin rooms, in most cases with a participant from the other country. The assignment will be provided by us. Please note that we cannot accommodate requests for preferred roommates.
- Dress code is smart casual and cocktail dress/smart suit for opening ceremony, welcome reception and closing/awarding ceremony. No short trousers or flip-flops are allowed while
working at the event.
- Alcohol comsumption is PROHIBITED for participants during the event, only if it provided by organizers.
- Selected event participants will need to pay a nonrefundable organisational fee after receiving an invitation. We do not provide refund in case you will not stay for the entire conference.
- Youth Time only provides participants transport to events and activities that are part of the official program. Please note that any other expenses for transportation will be at the expense of the participant.
- Participants that do not follow the code of conduct, will be immediately removed from the event with 100% charge of costs spent by YTIM.
- The event run under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other
participant, may be revealed.
- Use the event-specific hashtag as communicated during the event for any related tweets
- Remember that unpublished data presented at our events should be regarded as confidential, and should not be published
- Gain approval from a speaker or poster presenter prior to quoting or publishing that individual’s scientific results
- Mute your cellphone/laptop/tablet volume to avoid disrupting sessions
- Capture, transmit or redistribute data presented at the meeting – this may preclude subsequent publication of the data in a scholarly journal
- Use offensive language in your posts
- Engage in rudeness or personal attacks
- We reserve the right to change the Conference or Event content, timing, or speakers without notice.
- We reserve the right to change the place/city/country with month notice in advance.
- The Conference or Event may be postponed or cancelled by us for any reason. If such a situation should occur we will endeavour to reschedule the Conference or Event, in this
case we return an administrative fee. However, we cannot be held responsible for any cost, damage or expenses, which may have been incurred by the delegate as a consequence of the Conference or Event being postponed or cancelled.