Youth Time Summer School will take place from July 15 to 21, 2011 at the “TourSib” recreation centre, in the Altai region of Russia. The school’s students will include 50 active members of the Youth Time International Movement from around the world. Classes are aimed at achieving young people the skill they need to enhance their modern life. Classes will be led by teachers who offer sequential learning to small groups of 10 students.
Our major subject areas are as follows:
- Interpersonal communication (negotiation skills and the fine art of dialogue, especially dialogues which take into account differences of culture, gender, age, and profession).
- Effective communication in a range of media (correspondence, blogs, websites, social and business networks).
- Organizational skills in teamwork (leadership training, role playing, available resources).
- Project development (preparation of concepts, professional presentations, documentation, technical and financial resources).
- Personal skills (clothes, effective speech, time management).
According to their achievements in this summer training session, successful participants will be able to apply their skills in the development of the following projects:
- Rhodes Youth Forum
- Interactive Game “Futuroobraz”
- India Youth Forum
Developing the Youth Time movement and its magazine
In addition to the educational program, we will conduct a round table discussion on current affairs with a panel of international experts. Free time will be set aside so that participants can engage in sports activities and partake of cultural programs. On the final day of school, we will raft down the mountain river Katun.
As a result of the program, participants will have obtained the advanced skills needed by today’s youth and will be prepared for future activities in the Youth Time International Movement.