On October 4, 2010, on the Island of Rhodes in Greece, 150 energetic young people gathered to attend the first Rhodes Youth Forum. They came from 34 different countries to listen to reports and to talk about issues the world’s social development. During the forum participants discussed questions concerning everyday life which young people often do not ponder: “How do young people see their future? What differences exist in the worldviews of young people from different countries and regions of the world? What can be done to pave the way towards a better future?” As the result of the Rhodes Youth Forum a new initiative to create an organization that could continue to support the activities of the youth on the ongoing basis was launched. This new international youth movement was officially founded on December 11, 2010 in Prague. The Prague manifesto of Youth Time specified the guiding principles of the new international movement. The name of the movement, “Youth Time”, refers to the years of the youth as the happiest and most active period of life. Young people should use it properly in order to do their best for their own future and the future of older and younger generations.
Youth Time is an internationally oriented non-profit, non-political organization which actively represents a platform of dialogue between cultures and generations. We inspire and engage young people from all over the world, by encouraging them to develop their social leadership skills as well as to take upon their civil responsibility. Youth Time provides opportunities to take part in various projects, to help youth acquire new knowledge and skills in social and public sphere as well as to built up relations with other young social leaders.
The younger generation takes the most active role in shaping our global community. Young people want to see and create a wealthy future for themselves and for the generations to come. We call for the youth to be aware of the current global issues and be pro-active when it comes to solving them. We would like to encourage active, open, and equal dialogue among the youth worldwide; to preserve national and cultural identity while valuing unity and diversity; and to facilitate the process of sharing knowledge, experience, and values between generations.
We work on drafting, implementing, and synchronizing projects that aim for a better future in different spheres, primarily by establishing an active dialogue between and within generations, and by motivating the youth to be more active in their own lives and in public life.
• Creating a network and platform for promoting the values and principles of the Youth Time International Movement;
• Stimulating an active intercultural dialogue and dialogue between generations based on the principles of openness, respect, and equality;
• Facilitating the acquisition of knowledge, values, and experience through exchanges between generations;
• Preserving national and cultural identities even though we recognize universal and indigenous values;
• Understanding the global challenges facing today’s youth;
• Inviting young people to promote the values and principles of the Youth Time International Movement;
• Establishing contacts and promoting cooperation between the Youth Time International Movement and other friendly organizations.
|Complaints Procedure||Terms & Conditions||Annual Report|