Winners

The Youth Global Forum 2016 in Jakarta has concluded. Over the course of four days, more than 100 young people from 29 countries were gathered together to come up with interesting solutions for sustainable social development. Seven youth initiatives “battled” for the Forum’s main prize – a realization grant. And the winner was a young, but experienced, social entrepreneur from Russia: Olga Lakhnova, with a project targeted to fight the isolation of elderly people by allowing them to help with educating children. Olga plans to launch a social club in Moscow where local retirees will be able to use their knowledge for good by educating children through one-on-one instruction or in “classes” consisting of small groups. According to Olga, this will help elderly people to fight isolation and will give children the opportunity to obtain additional education for free. In this interview Olga explains the concept behind her winning project.

Mental illnesses and neurological disorders affect every fourth inhabitant of the small South American country of Guyana. Moreover, according to the World Health Organization,this small nation of less than a million people reports the highest sucide rate in the world. One of the project presenters at Youth Time’s Youth Global Forum in Paris, Shinelle Bayrd, decided to raise the general awareness of this problem and promote the possibility of improving the overall physical, mental, spiritual,and emotional wellbeing of people in Guyana. Her project – called the Wellness Center – was awarded the first place and recieved a realization grant. In an interview withYouth Time magazine, she talks more about the difficulties people face in Guyana and her ideas about how she plans to change the situation for the better.

The win­ning social project “Health For Female Com­mu­nity Lead­ers” cre­ated and pre­sented by the recent med­i­cine grad­u­ate from Nepal Swek­shya Neupane.

Happy Grandma

Happy Granma project inspired by Renu Shakya (Nepal) and sup­ported by Loescher Fam­ily has got off to a good start.

ONUS — A Lead­er­ship Pro­gram

A Lead­er­ship Pro­gram “ONUS” is aimed to trans­form uni­ver­si­ties into a breed­ing ground for empa­thetic lead­ers who apply their Head, Heart and Hands to effec­tively drive change.

Train of Friendship

The aim of the project is to improve rela­tions between the EU and Rus­sia on the level of peo­ple (civil soci­ety) by engag­ing in inter­cul­tural dia­logue, break­ing stereo­types about our respec­tive cul­tures and learn­ing about each other’s way of life in order to pro­mote peace, dia­logue and friend­ship between our respec­tive nations.

Studen’Trip

Studen’Trip is a social ven­ture that orga­nizes trips for Moroc­can Uni­ver­sity Stu­dents aged between 18 – 25 years old who want to help the com­mu­nity in Moroc­can rural areas. The indus­try of tourism in Morocco is grow­ing and becom­ing more and more attrac­tive. “Studen’Trip” ser­vice will allow stu­dents to do com­mu­nity work and con­nect them with peo­ple in need who live in the Moroc­can rural areas. Studen’Trip is a social ven­ture but it is also a busi­ness that aims to gain profit in order to keep the busi­ness and the social impact sustainable.

Con­fer­ence on dig­i­tal game-​based learning

The goal of the Con­fer­ence is to pro­vide a floor for delib­er­a­tions on strate­gies, poli­cies and best prac­tices of Infor­ma­tion and com­mu­ni­ca­tions tech­nol­ogy (ICT) appli­ca­tion in edu­ca­tion, as well as on devel­op­ment and imple­men­ta­tion of inno­v­a­tive teach­ing and learn­ing method­olo­gies.

InterARTction

To improve the com­mu­ni­ca­tion between young artists and show the cul­tural dif­fer­ences in our world through devel­op­ment of an online com­mu­ni­ca­tion plat­form. Work­ing in the field, read­ing stud­ies we have real­ized that aug­ment­ing com­mu­ni­ca­tion mech­a­nisms between art schools and young artists them­selves would pro­vide a sig­nif­i­cant pos­i­tive social impact by allow­ing young artists to share works and ideas and par­tic­i­pate in con­struc­tive com­mu­ni­ca­tion with the aim of devel­op­ing an open artist com­mu­nity active both at a national and regional level.

Girl Friendly School San­i­ta­tion Improve­ment Project

The ‘Girl Friendly School San­i­ta­tion Improve­ment Project in Far West­ern Nepal’ will be imple­mented in the schools of two munic­i­pal­i­ties of Far West­ern Nepal i.e. Amar­gadhi munic­i­pal­ity of Dadeld­hura dis­trict and Dipayal Sil­gadhi munic­i­pal­ity of Doti dis­trict. The main rea­son behind choos­ing these dis­tricts is because of the extremely poor san­i­ta­tion con­di­tion and to address the deeply rooted tra­di­tional prac­tice called ‘Chhau­padi’ (iso­lat­ing girls and women from the out­side world dur­ing their men­stru­a­tion) which pre­vails here. Fre­quent absen­teeism of girl stu­dents dur­ing their men­stru­a­tion has posed threat in achiev­ing the Mil­len­nium Devel­op­ment Goal 2 i.e. attain­ment of uni­ver­sal pri­mary edu­ca­tion in Nepal.

EVEN­TOR is an online plat­form cre­ated by youth for youth.

Even­tor HUB is the sec­ond part of the Even­tor (online plat­form) project www​.even​tor​.info. Mis­sion of EVEN­TOR is that stu­dents and youth to have a space where they can find the needed infor­ma­tion for dif­fer­ent oppor­tu­ni­ties and events all over the world, as well as this space will be an impor­tant space which will serve dif­fer­ent peo­ple and orga­ni­za­tions to pro­mote their events and opportunities.

Are you curi­ous about what hap­pened to the projects that won on the Rhodes Youth Forum 2012?

Sampa Youth Resource Centre

Sampa Youth Resource Cen­tre (SYRC) project will assist unem­ployed youth between ages 15 – 24 on the aspect of youth employ­ment, employ­ment cre­ation, entre­pre­neur­ship and health repro­duc­tive education.The cen­tre will pro­vide appro­pri­ate skills to youth in order to enable them to meet their full poten­tial for them to deal with life’s challenges.

Nepal Youth Forum 2013

“NEPAL YOUTH FORUM 2013” orga­nized by NYFN under col­lab­o­ra­tion with Min­istry of Youth and Sports and Youth Time Inter­na­tional Move­ment suc­cess­fully con­ducted its 3 day­long ses­sion with a theme “Youth Con­tribut­ing for Peace” in the wake of the Nepal’s ongo­ing peace process to estab­lish the sus­tain­able peace in the coun­try. It had brought about 300 youths of diverse back­ground across the coun­try from the pool of about 3000 appli­cants in a bid to explore their roles in estab­lish­ing the sus­tain­able peace and also 20 Inter­na­tional del­e­gates par­tic­i­pated in the forum.

We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…