RYF 2013: Taulant Hoxha

EVEN­TOR is an online plat­form cre­ated by youth for youth.

Even­tor HUB is the sec­ond part of the Even­tor (online plat­form) project www​.even​tor​.info. Mis­sion of EVEN­TOR is that stu­dents and youth to have a space where they can find the needed infor­ma­tion for dif­fer­ent oppor­tu­ni­ties and events all over the world, as well as this space will be an impor­tant space which will serve dif­fer­ent peo­ple and orga­ni­za­tions to pro­mote their events and opportunities.

What’s hap­pen­ing now?

Even­tor HUB is a ded­i­cated space to inspire, con­nect and empower indi­vid­u­als and groups who want to real­ize their ideas for sus­tain­able impact. Mis­sion of the Even­tor HUB is build­ing a vibrant com­mu­nity of social activists and entre­pre­neur­ial peo­ple who work at the lead­ing edge of social inno­va­tion through col­lab­o­ra­tive action. Locally embed­ded and glob­ally con­nected.

We started to imple­ment our project from 1st Feb­ru­ary, in the very begin­ning we had some real strug­gles because the place that we were very inter­ested to rent (an old indus­trial build­ing, which is lately ren­o­vated, but at the end the main prob­lem is that this prop­erty has no owner nei­ther pub­lic insti­tu­tion or pri­vate, so this some­how ‘shaked’ a bit our enthu­si­asm. But on the con­nec­tions and dis­cus­sions we were doing since I came back from last forum, one of our pos­si­ble future sup­port­ers (Min­istry of Trade and Indus­try, depart­ment for SME and Social Enter­prises sup­port, responded and after few meet­ings they decided to sup­port us and they sug­gested to find a great spot for the hub, a loca­tion easy acces­si­ble and close to the city cen­ter (then luck­ily we found the cur­rent loca­tion which is already set up and day by day is tak­ing shape (attached pho­tos) and we have been work­ing also on our brand­ing and iden­tity which is a very impor­tant ele­ment for the HUB. The inter­est of young peo­ple and dif­fer­ent orga­ni­za­tions not just from Kosovo but also from abroad, to be part­ner our future activ­i­ties is really high, we are very excited and will­ing to col­lab­o­rate with all who fits to our pro­grams.

Last but not least we are already devel­op­ing some dis­cus­sions for the Even­tor HUB to go regional, we have some inter­ested young peo­ple from Alba­nia and Ser­bia who are very inter­ested to set up a Even­tor HUB in their coun­try (but our golden rule is: We want to make our first HUB stronger and fully active, then we will move on our mis­sion: Going Global).

For now this is what is done, lots of things hap­pen­ing here and frankly speak­ing I’m exhausted, but it’s kind of weird (for good) that I’m not feel­ing this, and this is just because that we are giv­ing our best pos­si­ble to cre­ate a place that will make people’s lives easier.

Tagged under
Login to post comments
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…