This fantastic opportunity offers future ambassadors the chance to develop their diplomatic skills by representing Youth Time International Movement in their home country, in addition to our annual International Summer School and Youth Global Forum both of which are held in various locations across the globe. Furthermore, the Youth Time ambassador role comes with a responsibility to actively contribute to the success of the organization’s activities and the promotion of its reputation. Below, you will find more information on the responsibilities of a Youth Time ambassador as well as what you can expect in return!
Youth Time Ambassadors are appointed by the Youth Time International Movement President for the term of one year to be an exclusive representative in his or her region. Previous ambassadors (except those who were ambassadors in 2018) are welcome to apply!
Youth Time Ambassadors are responsible for:
- Professional and proactive attitude and complete dedication to Youth Time;
- Answering calls, emails, and requests from Youth Time team promptly and fully;
- Respecting deadlines set by Youth Time;
- Not engaging in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service through Youth Time platform;
- Authorizing Youth Time to use his or her name, photo, and biographical data for the purpose of Youth Time promotion through its website, social media and printed leaflets;
- Promoting Youth Time projects and values in his or her region and on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other local platforms;
- Promoting Youth Time online magazine in his or her region and on social media;
- Offering Youth Time presentations, participating in youth-related events in his or her region;
- Facilitating new professional relations with potential partners, supporters, and friends for Youth Time;
- Assisting Youth Time team in planning and organizing events;
- Promoting and actively assisting Youth Time in delegate recruitment and support;
- Overseeing participants’ active engagement throughout Youth Time events;
- Encouraging networking and socializing among participants during Youth Time events;
- Producing fortnightly progress reports on encouraging, assisting, and promoting Youth Time events during the application call period;
- Submitting a monthly progress report in line with the provided format;
- Agreeing to offer his or her time and effort voluntarily, without receiving any financial compensation.
In return, Youth Time provides its Ambassadors with:
- Opportunity to be a representative of Youth Time;Opportunity to contribute to the development and planning of Youth Time events;
- Opportunity to become a Youth Time Ambassador in the future;
- Funds to cover travel expenses, accommodation, meals and the participation fee to two Youth Time events per year;
- Priority to participate in Youth Time events;
- Opportunity to attend an Ambassadors’ meeting in Prague;
- An official certificate after successfully completing one year as a Youth Time trainee.
Main criteria for applicants
- Aged between 18-35;
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English;
- Socially responsible with passion for youth development;
- Have attended at least one Youth Time Event in the past;
- Positive attitude with strong social skills.
Please note: this role is voluntarily and is not financially compensated. However, as previously mentioned, we do cover travel, hotel, food-expenses and program participation during our events.
Consider carefully if you are able and willing to spend a reasonable amount of time and energy in the upcoming year to take upon this role. Under any circumstance, you need to be able to attend the ambassador’s meeting in early Spring in Prague where the rules of participation in an official agreement will be set and your personal strategy will be agreed upon.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, December 27th 2018.
In order to apply, applicants must submit the following documents via google docs:
- Motivational video (2 mins max)
- Application form.