The purpose of the event is to help young people to develop a unique set of skills that can be used in both their professional and personal lives, such as intercultural sensitivity and effective marketing skills, as well as to offer an opportunity to create a network of young leaders and youth-led organizations.
The program will gather together young activists from all over the world to share their latest experiences with collaboration between the West and the East. This year the group of participants will consist of about thirty international and thirty Chinese young people.
Through a combination of educational and cultural exchanges, participants will learn to surmount linguistic, national, and religious barriers.
The program consists of various formats:
- Master classes led by inspiring speakers;
- Workshops with professional trainers;
- Case study analysis under the supervision of experts;
- Simulation-based learning and the opportunity to practice newly-gained skills;
- Informal meetings with other ambitious young people from various backgrounds;
- Cultural program events, including informal activities in Beijing.
- Young people ranging in age from 18 to 35 years old;
- Evidence of strong social responsibility and commitment;
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, non-profits, social activists, journalists and media workers, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students;
- Fluency in English required.
In order to apply for Summer School in Beijing you have to fill out application form, make a one-minute video and send it to us along with your CV.
The event is organized in collaboration with the China Soong Ching Ling Foundation.
The program is partially funded. Food and accommodation will be covered by Youth Time. Participants are responsible for their travel expenses to Beijing. The participation fee is 150 EUR.